Aims and Objectives
The objectives of the So.Re.Com.THEmatic NETwork are:
1) to establish a ”network of networks”’ to enhance co-operation between the already highly recognized Euro PhD on S.R.&C. Network and academic, professional, international and commercial institutions throughout Europe and around the world, including achieving the goal to have all European countries represented;
2) to conduct and disseminate research on societal issues relevant for European policies;
3) to encourage wider application of "best practices" in developing a joint European curriculum for post-graduate students (advanced level +3 of Bologna Declaration) and to promote harmonisation of European masters curricula in Social Psychology and Communication (level +2) via the "Tuning" approach and methodology;
4) in co-operation with other specialised networks and organisations, to produce web based multimedia tools to disseminate research of special interest to academics and professionals in the field of Social Representations and Communication;
5) to achieve synergies with other Socrates and Minerva goals to develop e-learning for distant teaching and tutoring and to transform the current Euro PhD web site into a PORTAL. The So.Re.Com. THEmatic NETwork also intends to further expand joint programmes producing multimedia research training materials and ODL tools and to disseminate “Innovative activities” begun within the Internationalisation program co-funded by the Italian Ministry of Scientific Research and the University of Rome "La Sapienza". It will also bring into being the E-Library and e-Videoconference Research Training Infrastructure on Social Sciences (E.L.VI.R.T.I.S.S.).